A number of platform-specific SDKs and libraries are available to integrate Mobile Connect into your applications and services. These SDKs provide a safe and secure way to quickly implement Mobile Connect. Each SDK includes the required frameworks and an example application, along with full documentation.
The following SDKs are actively maintained and supported:
- Java for server-side applications
- PHP for server-side applications
- .NET for Windows 8 and Windows 10 server environments
Using the Mobile Connect SDKs provides a number of advantages
- Simplicity: The SDKs reduce the complexity of integration by handling multiple discovery scenarios automatically. This means that the appropriate Discovery call will be to minimise the end-user interactions.
- Performance: Caching and other improvements ensure that the Mobile Connect experience is improved.
- Security: Separating the Mobile Connect API interactions from the client ensures that credentials are stored securely on the server and not shared with the client services.
The SDKs are designed so that the server side components can support different approaches. They be used on their own with server to server interactions, paired with your own client interface (such as a web or desktop interface) or paired with the relevant client side libraries (see below).
The diagram below illustrates this approach.
Client side integration
We also provide client side libraries for native iOS and Android applications. These integrate with our server-side libraries.